Tuesday 28 April 2015

Slimming World

Hello!

So for my first proper post I thought I would talk about Slimming World, it's something that has been a big part of my life and so I thought I'd share my journey with you and let you know what it's all about, for anyone who's not quite sure. 

The first thing about it that I think is very important and that you should definitely know about SW is that it is not a diet, it is not some easy fix to lose weight quickly without effort. It is a lifestyle change that teaches you about the importance of balanced nutrition that helps you to lose weight and then maintain to your target weight. 

Now, weight is something I have struggled with for a long time, this isn't the first time that I have been a member of SW but I'm hoping it's the last.  The first time I joined I did very well, I got all the way to my club 10 award (which is losing 10% of your body weight) and then, for various reasons, I ended up putting it all back on. I then joined on and off for a few years but really my heart wasn't in it and I think I thought that if I joined I'd be motivated to follow it properly but, of course, that didn't happen. 

I'd been having some tests done on my liver and my doctor mentioned that it could be fatty liver disease, which shocked me and I made the decision then and there to go back to SW but this time I was determined not to let anything stop me. My health should be a priority and that was back in June 2014.

 Since then I have lost 2 stone and I'm feeling much better within myself and have even started being more active. I'm feeling more confident and have started wearing makeup and nicer clothes!

The plan itself is very easy to follow, I'm not going to go into loads of detail as I'm not a SW consultant and you can find a lot of the basic information (as well as some sample menu plans) on their website, so go and check that out if you want to see what it's all about! :)

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is my day for group, which I love, I thrive on the group support and don't think I'd be doing as well if I was doing it alone; my consultant is amazing and I don't know where I'd be without her! I am getting closer to my target weight and will update as I go. Let me know if you'd be interested in a post about some of the different meals and snacks I have, as that might be something to do in the future!

Thanks for reading!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment